Thursday, October 30, 2008

Writer's Block & Not Much Else

There really hasn't been anything that has caught my interest to blog about lately. My apologies dear blog readers.

Animals~The animal kingdom in the house has settled down a bit. The cats still don't like the dog, but they do enjoy watching the dog get into trouble. They're like little nags watching and waiting with a "this is going to be good when Mom sees this" look on their face when they see things they know Lou will get into trouble for doing. Other than that the cats stay upstairs if the dog is in the house and the dog is restricted to the downstairs so he doesn't get in to things he shouldn't...like expensive cat food. .oO(I guess the cat food isn't terribly expensive, but we started buying them Science Diet when we had a steady income and they refuse to eat much of anything else now...Science Diet is around $30 for a bag that should last a month, Meow Mix is probably around $15 for a bag the same size...nope the furbabies aren't spoiled {insert HUGE eyeroll} at all.)

No children for us!~It has been brought to my attention, via the animal kingdom unrest, that I am nowhere near being ready to mother anything but animals. If I raise my voice at Lou he obeys and then runs off b/c I have "scared" him. If Dave yells too loudly at Lou, he gets scared and pees a little. If Dave yells at Zeke he runs to his food bowl and eats. As a result we have determined our children would have some issues...no kids for us at this point. Furbabies are good for now.

Sickness~Dave was sick last weekend with what he calls "the sickness." I worked every day last wknd so I had little time to do anything but work and try to tend to the sick patient. Meanwhile, I was taking Airborn, Echinacea, and my vitamins daily all in an attempt to avoid "the sickness." Today I awoke to a severely sore throat due to some sinus drainage and am hoping I didn't catch "the sickness." So I'm drinking hot tea and still taking my vitamins in an attempt to curtail any ensuing sickness.

Voting~I happened to realize that we need to vote next week. Then I realized I hadn't received my voter registration card in the mail and I began to worry. A few minutes later as I was watching tv I saw a commercial for a website where I can check the status of my voter registration and find my polling location~www.alabamavotes.gov~in case you were wondering. So I log onto the website, it says no voter located under that name. Panic ensues as I try to figure out what I need to do, my opinion must be heard! {Sidenote: Alabama is the only state in which I have lived that did not offer me the option of changing my voter registration when I received my Driver's License. Alabama, I'm thinking you could save some headaches and time if you offered this option. So I had to mail in a paper application, which I put in an envelope instead of folding in half since I had to put my ss# on it.} I wonder, did they not receive my application...I mailed it over a month ago. .oO(I know I'm a Yankee-a female one at that, but I still have rights here yanno? - That was for Dave who teases me about not being able to vote here.) What do I do now? Then I realized it was time to get ready for work and this problem would have to be put on hold momentarily. Well, my problem was solved yesterday when the mail arrived. I finally received my voter registration card in the mail!

In other voter related news, my mother has already voted. She went and picked up an absentee ballot, filled it out, and turned it back in. She successfully avoided election day headaches. .oO(Wonder if she received one of those cool "I voted today" stickers?) Oh to live in Ohio again....wait a minute, maybe not they had snow flurries earlier this week. Yuck!

1 comment:

BrendaF said...

No, I didn't get one of those cool "I voted today" stickers!! (Insert tantrum here) I completely forgot about the sticker until I had arrived back home after voting or I would have demanded one. I have one around here somewhere that they gave me after voting in a previous election that I think I'll have to locate and perhaps wear on Tuesday. Technically, I will have voted on Tuesday, right???