Saturday, October 4, 2008

Blog Facelift & Other Ramblings

I finally took the time to figure out exactly what I needed to do to update and revamp the background of my blog. I've been blogging for over a year now on this site and this is the very first time its had a facelift. I'm excited.

I love fall! ~ I love that the leaves change colors~or at least they do in OH and I'm told they change here in AL as well. They didn't really change much in NC. One day they were on the trees, the next day they were brown and on the ground. Yucky! I love that school is in session~although I loved that fact a little more when I was teaching. I love that I get to wear my sweatshirts and sweaters!!! Wooohooo! I finally made the dreaded trip to storage to locate my "winter" clothes...also known as anything other than sleeveless shirts, shorts, and capris. Then the funny weatherman decided today would be warm again. Grrrrr. Oh well, I guess I'll be prepared for the next time it cools back down.

Fall at Mill Creek Park
The Frantz Sisters 10 Years Ago
{Katie, Wendy, & Maggie}

Friday Nights With the Girls ~ I sort of had Friday Nights With the Girls in NC. My deployment buddies and I would gather together to laugh, eat, watch a movie, and do anything to keep our minds off the fact that the men in our lives were an ocean away, literally. Sometimes it was all of us and other times it was "Friday Night Date." My dear friend Anna and I would meet up after naptime (teachers are exhausted by Friday night) and we would go to the commisary (the grocery store on base) and buy our measley weeks worth of groceries (aka frozen dinners) and then we would either make something for dinner or order chinese food or pizza, drink some Duplin County Wine (best wine EVER), and watch a movie with her dog Max (an adorable Corgi). I have missed those girls so much! Anna especially since she was my go to girl for everything. Well, twice now I have attended Friday Night with the Girls at Chrissi Sharp's house. It is so much fun!! I laughed the whole time I was there. There are kids in and out of the house (because the moms all bring their kids and they play together) while the ladies all talk, laugh, and share. I came home refreshed, in a great mood, and it reminded me how much I love my husband. He's such a good man even if he does give me headaches sometimes.

Photobucket
Deployment Buddies Painting Steph's House
{Steph, Anna, Max, Jenny, Wendy}

I Miss My Sisters~ The past few weeks I have really been missing my sisters. We are grown up and busy living our lives and we manage to call each other, e-mail, leave messages on facebook, etc...but it just isn't the same as having them around nearby ready to spend time together being silly. Katie celebrated her 21st birthday in Sept. and I wasn't there. Maggie celebrated her 20th birthday this week and again, I wasn't there. Katie has been studying for her LSAT's and is taking it today. I'm not there :( I'm missing out on all these fun and important things. I really hoping that Katie does well on her LSAT and that when she aplies to Samford they accept her and maybe even give her some scholarship money so she has no choice but to move here or be in tons of grad school debt. The plan is that if I can get Katie to move to AL, then Mom and Maggie will soon follow. I'm really hoping that they move closer...because this missing out on fun times with the sisters (and Mom too) is just no fun!

Up to their necks in leaves!
The Sisters in the Leaves~More Than 10 Years Ago
{Wendy, Katie, Maggie}
This is back when I was actually taller than my sisters, lol. Poor Maggie is almost hidden behind the leaves.

2 comments:

Peapod Four said...

The blog looks nice!

I like all the old pics of you guys.

Shannon said...

I love the fall background! It is fabulous. I also love fall. I dread winter but yet love the crisp, cool days of fall! Miss you guys!