Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Animal Kingdom

The animal kingdom in our house has been recently disturbed. The cats are angry and hiding in our bedroom all day. They come downstairs long enough to use the litter box and glare at the newcomer in the house. Then it is back upstairs. That means that they are sleeping with us too, which isn't too bad except for the fact that Zeke doesn't share the bed very well and he baths at 3am, loudly. The newcomer is a border collie we have names "Lou," short for Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller. If you aren't aware of who "Chesty" Puller is then I suggest you click the link and start reading. He is a legend in the Marine Corps. Anyhow, Lou came to be part of the family on Sunday when he was being attacked in a neighbor's yard by another neighbor's pit bulls. Dave heard the calamity and went to investigate. .oO(Meanwhile I'm still sound asleep in bed.) He apparently comes back with Lou, a 6 month old puppy. He is very well-behaved, but I'm not really a big dog person. I don't like worrying about when the dog was last outside to go potty, if he is chewing on something I don't want him to chew, if he is up on the in-law's leather furniture, etc. Plus, the aforementioned cat issue. The cats are feeling harassed and are showing their anger via cat glares.

Photobucket
~The Standoff on the Bivins' Stairs~

We'll call this next section "Weekend Updates"...

My Ticket to "The Gun Show"
They kept my ticket this time...I'm sorta irritated b/c I was going to take a pic of my ticket stub. Oh well, this trip to the big gun show wasn't really that entertaining. The funniest thing I heard was "ooooohhhhh, concealment purses, let's go look at these." The purses we bad 80's leather purses. The kind your grandma still carries..."bless her heart."

The uniform of the day gave you the option of wearing overalls or anything cammie colored-it could be actual cammies or just the colors in cammies.

I also saw what I will describe as paper clip confederate soldiers. They looked like they were made out of a continuous paper clip unwound. Then the paper clip wire was molded into a figure, some carried guns, some carried a flag with an "x" I assume to represent the confederate flag. It could be yours for only $10. I can just picture someone buying these goofy paper clip soldiers to stage a reenactment in their basement. Creepy!

One last cute thing I saw was a notice to customers at one gentleman's table. I think this rule should apply to all businesses. I think it might make people a little less grumpy when dealing with clerks. The notice read "Prices subject to change according to customer's attitude." I could cut someone a deal on a product or I could price gouge if they were rude...like talking on a cell phone while trying to check out. Seriously, put the phone down! It won't kill you...or the other person...to say hold on one second while I check out. .oO(Sorry, HUGE pet peeve. Also, you best not complain if I don't offer you much customer service while you chat on your phone the whole time you shop. I'm not going to be rude and interrupt your terribly important conversation...I'm assuming it is important b/c you're talking whilst you shop.)

Work at the ATL...Ann Taylor Loft
I am LOVING it. I love the people I work with so far. I get to "shop" the whole time I'm there by helping "clients" not customers (LOL) find the perfect additions to their "wardrobe." Yay! The time flies when I am there. Plus, like I mentioned in an earlier blog...I really love the discount.

More Signs
I simply can't help myself. I had to share more funny signs with "y'all." Ok first up we have "Okra Sale"...I'm guessing this is similar to a shoe sale, but okra instead. My only problem is I can't spot a good deal on okra. I don't know what its regular selling price is and I don't know the degree to which it is "on sale." Plus, the only thing I've heard of is fried okra. Not a huge demand on it in the Bivins' house so I guess the okra sale is one I'm going to skip.

Next up we have "free blood pressure." When I chuckled in the car and Dave inquired about the reason for my chuckle I told him there was a sign for free blood pressure. His reply "no thanks, I'm good. I think I have enough." Now typically blood pressure isn't something you want in a terribly large amount. I wasn't aware you could get it at any store either, especially for free. I'm going to suggest they add the word "screenings" to the sign lest someone be confused.

.oO(Dave also said that we had signs like this in the North...he thinks I am picking on Southerners by pointing out these signs. I'm really not picking on them. There are silly signs in the North too, but I'm not in the North to see those signs...I'm in the South!)

1 comment:

BrendaF said...

There is just too much I want to say about this whole post. You crack me up! You should seriously consider writing a book. Perhaps you and Julie could co-author a book? You both are amazing writers!!