Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hold Still I Have a Flashlight!

So...like I'm not having enough trouble sleeping with the door to our room open so the noisy cats can get in and out. Last night I am finally almost asleep (at 12:30 am) when my dearest husband says "hold still I have a flashlight!" .oO(Ugh, I was holding still...I was almost asleep!!) He repeats "hold still I have a flashlight." I hear him reach around his nightstand and sit up this time. I definitely don't move b/c he has a Surefire flashlight. They're the kind Marines and other soldiers use when kicking in doors or whatever wherever they happen to be and they are blindingly bright. So since I have my sleep mask on (I've been using one lately to make it "darker" in my head so I can sleep better) and I know he has this crazy bright flashlight I definitely don't move for a second or two. Then when I realize he hasn't turned the flashlight on I pull up the sleep mask and ask "are you good now?" He says "yeah, I wasn't sure whether I was really talking or if I was still dreaming." I reply "you definitely told me to hold still you have a flashlight." He lays back down and is sound asleep in minutes. Meanwhile I try to settle back down and sleep. I'm successful until about 3-4am when I wake up b/c fat Zeke (I say that in the most loving way) is sleeping between my feet and I can't move. He won't budge b/c there is a dog in the house. .oO(Guess I didn't need to worry about holding still.) So today I am my typically grumpy Wizzel self after another restless night of sleep. (Wizzel is my husband's nickname for me...in case you didn't know.)

4 comments:

BrendaF said...

Hold still I have a flashlight? Is that a southern thing meant to instill the fear of death/dismemberment/blindness by really bright light into someone who might be breaking into your residence/bedroom?

TurtlesButterfly said...

I guess so. He also had weapons within reach and I was afraid that whatever he was "battling" in his dream might be hostile and he might need a weapon. I wasn't moving til I was sure I was safe, LOL.

BrendaF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BrendaF said...

Oooohhh...fabulously quick thinking on your part about not moving in case whatever he was "battling" was hostile and he might need a weapon! But, don't you think it would be *wonderful* if Mom had a weapon in case she comes upon something hostile????(I can see it now...you're saying "No, Mom...there is ABSOLUTELY NO valid reason for you to have a weapon!!! Hostile intruders or not!" Fine, I'll just have to settle for Maggie being armed with pepper spray.)I don't know how or why it deleted my earlier comment!! Good thing I copied before I told it to post the comment!