Thursday, March 12, 2009

Mom's Orders

I'm under orders via my mother to blog again. Thanks Mom, it doesn't really help the writer's block when you demand I blog. So here is my list of random things to pacify my mother.

1. Snow in Alabama~It really did snow in Alabama. I told everyone I would "believe it when I see it" since the weatherman had been predicting snow at least once every two weeks for quite some time now. I believe it. It snowed. I took the cats out to play in it. Zeus was cranky and wanted back inside asap. Zeke would have stayed outside all day in it if I had let him. He was crawling all over the place in it. i took some great pics with the intentions of uploading them to my blog...but they did end up on Facebook. The snow reminded me of winters spent at my Nana & Pap's house sled riding down the hills in the back yard. Then we would come inside and drink hot chocolate until we warmed up and our snow clothes dried out. We could even watch for the snow plow to come down the road if it was really bad out. (No snow plows in Alabama though...they just drop sand on the icy bridges and that was it.)

2. Taxes~I despise gathering up all the information needed to file our taxes. Every year I swear it will be different and I will do a better job throughout the year of organizing things so it doesn't take forever to sort through receipts and what not. So far no better system has been found. It probably doesn't help that at least 3 of the 4 years we have filed taxes as a married couple there has been a move involved. If you have a great filing system please feel free to share.

3. Combs is coming to visit!!~ I am rather excited that Dave's friend from the USMC is coming to visit us in AL this weekend. He will arrive on Sat and leave on Tues. Not a very long visit, but we're used to making the most of the time we're given with the people who are important to us. Sadly, I have to work every day he is here. Combs (known to everyone outside of the USMC as Blake) was Dave's roommate in the barracks in DC. When they were transferred to Camp Lejeune, NC Combs was put into the MARSOC unit at first. It was several months later, but eventually Combs came back "home" to the rest of the DC guys and they were one big happy family again. I know Dave was happy to have his "brother" back. During their deployment Combs and Dave were often mistaken as being twins. My own mom misidentified Combs as being Dave in a few of the deployment day pics I took. Anyhow, we look forward to having some fun visiting with a very special friend.

4. Storage~I have made a vow that one way or another the Spring/Summer season here in Alabama will be the last season that we have a storage unit. Meaning, we will be moved out of the in-laws house by the end of the summer...hopefully sooner rather than later. I am very, very, very, very tired of going to storage to dig things out and put things away, among other things.

5. USMC~The majority of you know by now that Dave is trying to go back to the USMC. It has been an almost painfully slow process to try and get back into the USMC. Who knew that it could be so infuriating? .oO(I did, it is the beloved USMC...everyone seems to have a love/hate relationship with them.) {Sigh} As I told my mother not so long ago...you all will know more when I know more, which apparently won't be soon.

6. Which brings me to my last point...Thanks MOM! I don't tell you thank you nearly enough for all the things you do for me now, the things you have done in the past, or the things you would do for me if you could. Thank you for always supporting me, even when you had your doubts you wouldn't voice them too loudly you just let me keep on doing what I was doing. .oO(You know, like "running away" to get married to this silly Southern Marine we all love...) Thank you for never making me "prove myself" to you. You gave me far more in life so far by just believing that if I wanted to do it I would. I didn't have to earn your support, you just gave it...and you still do. I don't doubt myself nearly as much since I have the support of my mother. Even if I fail at something, she still knows I tried my best and that is what is important to her. I love you Mom!

No comments: