Saturday, January 3, 2009

In Honor of My 27th Birthday!

In honor of my 27th birthday I shall try to come up with 27 things you may or may not already know about me. .oO(I don't know if this will be a tradition though b/c it could get very hard to do by say...age 60.) Dave and I celebrated my birthday early by going to Cheesecake Factory with two friends, David & Megan. It was YUMMY! Oh the pounds I would gain if I could afford to eat there more often.

Here's to my list...

#1 I'm slightly CDO (OCD alphabetized). I had to clean my college dorm room on Friday nights before I could relax for the weekend. I would have to clean our house before I could relax on the weekends...it is kind of sad sometimes.

#2 I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

#3 I haven't read the Twilight series yet, although this soon may be corrected thanks to the influences of Chrissy, Kim, Ginger & Amber.

#4 I love cotton candy. It is way better than chocolate some days.

#5 I love candy. I crave candy if I haven't had sugar recently (and keep a stash of some sort...kinda like a druggie).

#6 I sort of miss the Marine Corps days. Who knew?

#7 I would sleep all day if I could.

#8 I own several coloring books and boxes of crayons-and still use them.

#9 I am very particular about my crayons...once the points wear off it is time for a new box.

#10 I am somewhat of an expert about school supplies. I like regular pencils though, not the mechanical kind...thanks Mom.

#11 I don't like peaches-at all really. I will sometimes eat peach cobbler though.

#12 I secretly would like to be a librarian. (At the Library of Congress is the dream job.)

#13 My husband's lack of organization drives me insane...I just can't understand why he doesn't remember where everything is and can find it on his own.

#14 I'm a sucker for dress blues (Marine Corps uniform...), the white pants are the best version though. Honestly.

#15 Flip flops are my favorite kind of shoe. One great thing about AL is that flip flop wearing season is very looooonnngggg...and some days during December I was still able to wear them since it was like 70 degrees here.

#16 I can only wear certain kinds of earrings b/c my ears are very sensitive and will get infected easily. (Hence the reason I wear the gold hoops nearly all the time.)

#17 I'm not really a big jewelry person, but my husband can pick out great jewelry that I love. (Not easily done...just ask my mom.)

#18 I can't stand to wear a turtleneck. It makes me feel clausterphobic. (Looser fitting cowl necks are ok though)

#19 I don't like to wear shorts...they don't really look that flattering on me.

#20 My favorite place to be is the beach. Even in the dead of winter when it is freezing cold I still like to go.

#21 I can be overly critical. Dave has helped mellow that criticism to an extent.

#22 I have high expectations and get very frustrated when I (or someone else) is unable to meet them...refer to #2 & 21...

#23 I get cold easily...which is why the south is so great...I'm not as cold here.

#24 I would like to go to Ireland someday...Dave forgets that we had talked about going for our 5 yr anniversary (which means we have 2 yrs to plan and save $).

#25 I actually get more accomplished when I have a very busy schedule. (I guess it forces me to do things right away...)

#26 I would be totally lost without my Mom, Katie, and Maggie.

#27 I would also be lost without my husband. He keeps me sane most days.

2 comments:

Peapod Four said...

I will go to Ireland with you. It's beautiful and I want to go back.

I color too. I have switched to colored pencils though.

Stephanie said...

Haha I'm sorry I missed your Birthday! Hope it was great. Some of those were surprising!