Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Latest Addictions

I had a whole four days off recently and I accomplished nothing really. I had Friday-Monday off from work, but I spent most of my time reading the books from the Twilight saga. I had resisted reading these books for quite some time thinking surely they must be silly...who wants too read a book about vampires? Not me, surely. Well, after a delightful night with "the girls" and playing a hilarious rendition of Apples to Apples (remind me to tell you about that later...) I decided I was going to have to break down and read the books. I bought Twilight and watched as my husband scoffed at me for my weakness. I read it in about 2 days...the only things that deterred me were sleeping and working. I bought the second book, New Moon and read it within a day or so. Saturday I simply had to get to a store and buy Eclipse because I was enthralled with the story and couldn't wait to continue the Bella/Edward/Jacob adventure. .oO(Is it silly that I secretly wanted Jacob to "win" Bella?) I decided to buy Breaking Dawn before I finished reading the third book so that I wouldn't have to wait to get to the store to finish the story. Today at approximately 10 am I finally finished the saga. I'm glad to be free from the pull of the story. I can finally return to the world and stop ignoring my husband. He was rather irritated with me ignoring him while he talked last night...I couldn't help it, my mind was absorbed in the story and the desire to finish it! It's done now, I found "the end" and even though it didn't end like I might have chosen I can't say I'm disappointed with the story. Maybe I'm just not ready to think about vampires, lol. I'm not going to say any more about the story in particular b/c I don't want to ruin it for anyone who isn't finished reading the saga just yet.

Another addiction is the game Apples to Apples. I had heard of this game before, but never played it. Oh my is it fun with the right mix of people. I bought it the very next day after playing it for the first time. I can see lots of fun in future gatherings as I continue to play this crazy game. I'm even planning on playing it for Sibs Wknd, if I can talk Katie into it...which the fun filled weekend is only 21 days away! Woohoooo. I went to storage yesterday and dug out my suitcase so that is one less thing to worry about. I don't like opening the storage unit when it is rainy out b/c I don't want to get any excess moisture in there and as much as it has been raining here lately I didn't want to take a chance of not getting my suitcase out.

Hmmmm....I know there was something else I was going to blog about, but I can't really remember and other addictions at the moment. Have a lovely day!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I LOOVED the Twilight Series. The movie - sucked. But the books were so fun! Edward...so hot! Jacob... so sweet! By book 4 you will be going nuts!

Peapod Four said...

Love Apples to Apples!!