Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Delightful Rain

It has been raining here since yesterday afternoon. It has been somewhat torrential at times. I am loving it. Mostly because I haven't had to drive in it too much or be out and about a lot. I also have been enjoying an excellent night's sleep and a lovely 3 hour nap thanks to the hard rain on the tin roof. For some reason I have grown accustomed to noise while I sleep. Maybe it was living on Maple Ave listening to ambulances roll down the road, maybe it was living in DC where no one sleeps til 4am, or maybe it was living in NC with the noise of the base artillery and New River's aircraft all the time...but it has left me a very restless sleeper out here in "the country." I now sleep best when it rains. The in-laws house has a tin roof and the rain makes a lot of noise, almost like a lullaby. It was wonderful to be able to answer my husband's morning question of "did the Wizzel sleep good?" with a resounding "yes." I also took a nap this afternoon when it started raining again.

In other news beware the Wizzel sugar addict stole her husband's box of Dots. I saw them after my nap and needed a sugar boost. I stole them and ate several. Yummy!

Dave's current GPA from college is a 3.0 which isn't too shabby considering her had to take a math class. He signed up for more classes this semester-sociology, speech, another history, and a computers class. Hopefully he has fun.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good job Dave!!! And I hear ya about sleeping through Jacksonville noise!!!

Peapod Four said...

Yeah for the GPA!
And I like rainy days too - Daniel sleeps later those mornings! : )