Sunday, December 28, 2008

I'll Think of Something...

I feel you should be forewarned that this post will be a whole lot of rambles...I have several things I have been meaning to blog about, but haven't had time to write and some are really unrelated to each other.

Christmas Eve Service~a.k.a Congregation of Coughers
We attended service as a family. I was terribly excited-it is sadly the first time Dave and I have attended a Christmas Eve service as a married couple. It was a great service, but I kept getting distracted by the congregation of coughers. One person would finish coughing and another would start...I think the whole state of Alabama just might have what I'm going to call "the sickness." You don't really feel great, but you don't feel totally miserable-until you start coughing that is. Cough, cough, cough...we've all been doing it for a week now at least. It is b/c the weather is so crazy and can't make up its mind to be cold or 75 degrees...honestly.

ATL Clients~Who shall remain nameless.
Client A-She had a return to make. No big deal...she had a receipt. Unfortunately, it was put on her daughter's debit card. "Ma'am, we can give you a merchandise credit only since you do not have the card with you." Fine. We process the return. All of a sudden she isn't happy. Apparently, since the economy is bad "the government told her not to take a credit at any store." {I grumble silently in my head.} Ok, well if you can get us the debit card number we can try to process the return to her card, but that is all we can do. Lady calls daughter. Daughter grumbles to mother (or so I assume since mother says "it's just the way I want to do things") about why she needs number. {I'm laughing inside my head, her daughter thinks she's silly too.} We process the return and I am left to wonder when/how "the government" told her merchandise credits were bad.

Also, in case you were wondering-NO we aren't going out of business. In Jan 2008 Ann Taylor Co. released a list of stores that would be closing (ones that aren't making any money) and the Loft store at the Pinnacle is not one of them, neither is the one at Brookwood. The regular Ann Taylor stores located at the Galleria and the Summit are not closing either. .oO(This happened way before the economy went wacky.)

Client B-Walks in wearing pigtails about two inches long that have white bows tied around them. She is definitely too old to be wearing pigtails tied in bows. It makes it very hard to look at her without laughing. In fact, I can't even really look at her at all. {Seriously thought she was a 12 yr old b/c all I saw at first were the bows peering around the rack...} After she leaves the 3 of us working were trying to figure out why she wore the pigtails...we determined she must have lost a bet. {Think of your grandma in pigtails tied with bows...at her grandmotherly age, not a young age.}

There are other fun clients, but I really can't think of them at the moment.

Alabama Weather~If you read the Christmas Eve post you know the weather is going from 30 degrees to 75 degrees and back again in a matter of days. All of Alabama surely must be sick.

Cough Medicine~Is my friend. I am really liking the Tylenol Cough multi-symptom with the cooling sensation. It really seems to help and it doesn't make me drowsy (make sure you get the daytime formula) and it keeps the coughing/subsequent headache at bay. I do have to make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach or it makes me feel nauseous.

Cell Phone~Spoke to a delightful man when I called to complain about my non working phone and Dave's inability to send/receive texts on his phone. Talked to him for quite some time. Learned he can't keep up with his bank receipts/money, he is addicted to jawbreakers (sounded like he was rolling marbles, but I guess he was eating jawbreakers), and he was going to eat chinese food for dinner until he learned of his "bank error" which left him feeling sick. Also managed to get the number to call about the warranty on my phone (the microphone is broke so I can hear you, but you can't hear me-even when I yell), Dave can now send/receive texts, and we were refunded $80 in downloading charges we tried to get erased months ago. My replacement phone should arrive this week. When it arrives I would need to talk to someone (not part of the AT & T network and not on my "free weekends") for 86 hours to use all of our rollover minutes. Unfortunately, I would probably run up their bill trying to do that.

Hmmm...forget what else I was going to blog about, darn.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

I missed this post over the holidays. Your clients are funny!
Did you get to talk to Nana yet?