Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Turtle!

Today is my darling husband's birthday! He is a whopping 23 years old and said he "felt old" when I told him happy birthday this morning. .oO(It made me want to pinch him, but it is his birthday so I decided to be nice....if you didn't know you will now, but I am older than my dear husband.) So on this special day I am stealing an idea from a few friends who have done similar things and I am posting 23 reasons why I Love my darling husband (in no particular order).

1. When he writes me a letter I don't have to get out my mental red pen to edit.

2. He is a living, breathing furnace and is kind enough to keep me warm when I'm cold-which is pretty much all the time.

3. He is persistent~ex. he kept calling me when I didn't answer my phone before we were really dating.

4. He tells me if I'm about to walk out of the house looking ridiculous in something. (Ex. Uh, your butt looks funny in those pants dear....)

5. He knows when I'm feeling down and need a hug-and will kindly oblige.

6. He dresses pretty well - with the exception of his "old man pants."

7. He's a Marine - what's not to love about that?

8. He loves me when I first wake up and am super grumpy.

9. He loves me late at night when I am super grumpy.

10. He loves me any time I'm grumpy.

11. He loves me when I'm silly.

12. He knows exactly when Airport Rendezvous Weekend is and how it is more special than Valentine's Day.

13. He remembers special moments/memories I forget.

14. He wants to have Zeus stuffed if he doesn't die "violently" - the only explanation I have for this is that he truly loves that cat.

15. He will sometimes take a nap with me.

16. If he wakes up early and knows I'm really tired he will quietly sneak from the room so I can continue sleeping.

17. He tolerates my addiction to sugar.

18. He's an awesome cuddler.

19. He started spelling love with a capital "L" and knows that ever since there has been special meaning when using love in reference to each other and making sure it is capitalized.

20. He growls and I know it means he Loves me.

21. He brought home a Zeke even when I didn't want a cat so that I would have someone to keep me company during an inevitable deployment. (Zeus was purchased to keep Zeke company when I got a full-time teaching job and was an added bonus.)

22. He loves my crazy family just as much as I do and is ever so kind and generous with them.

23. While he was blessing his birthday lunch he asked God to watch and protect the guys in his old unit who are in Afghanistan at the moment. (He almost made me cry at lunch to know he was thinking of those Marines on his birthday...although I was thinking of them too, especially since he was deployed with a lot of them for his birthday last year.)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Loved finding your blog and getting to know you a little more through it. (Love the photo of you and Dave, too!) I'll look forward to reading more in the future.

Laura Morgan