Tuesday, April 7, 2009

No Longer in the Desert...

To understand the title post you would have to reference a comment my cousin made when I was blogging about not really knowing if Alabama is where Dave and I are supposed to be at the moment. She reminded me of the Israelite wandering the desert and pondering going back to Egypt and slavery instead of continuing to wander. I can say that Dave and I are supposed to be here in Alabama, at least for this point in time. It has become abundantly clear in the past few weeks that Alabama is home for now. (My gypsy-like heart and I are still adjusting to this idea...I know we've already been here for 9 months now, I only lived in DC for 9 months though.)

Week 1~We receive an offer for affordable cheap housing from a friend. We are excited, but uncertain as to whether we can really afford it even though it was so cheap since Dave was only working at Domino's a few nights a week after school. So we ponder it a bit.

Week 2~Management shifts are made at Loft. One of our managers and one of our Sales Leads goes to a neighboring store. Another Sales Lead found a full-time job which limits her availability. This leaves lots of free hours...hours I get to take. That means a big paycheck increase from the barely 15-20hours a week. Dave is told about a possible supervisor security job at a nearby mall. Dave goes to apply for the job. We're thinking the housing is way more affordable with my paycheck increase alone, but a job for Dave would be excellent.

Week 3~Dave gets the job!! It is a full-time position and he will also be able to stay in school. We're both rather excited. (And his boss is a former Marine!) We go to investigate housing opportunity. We love it and its great price. We love that we can have our furbabies with us without a huge fee. We plan to move.

I think this week would be week 4. We are planning to move next week as long as the everything goes according to plan and the current tennants are able to move into their new house as scheduled. God's hand can be seen in how this story has unfolded. I am thankful and counting my blessings. I really don't know what the future holds for us-a teaching job? a USMC recall? another move? the possibilities are endless, but I am confident that we are supposed to be here. I guess maybe I should start putting down some more roots. (That is sooooo scary to me...lol)

Things I am excited about:
1. Moving!!
2. Opening up my boxes from storage. I really can't remember what I might have in some of them.
3. Purging some of the unnecessary items I unbury in those boxes so there is less to move the next time (whenever that happens to be).
4. Katie's College Graduation - I would number the days, but I am afraid I would incite more panic in her life.
5. The day Katie opens her mailbox to find just the right acceptance letter to the law school of her choosing. (And Dear God, If it isn't too much to ask can she have some funding from the school too? Please.)
6. Maggie finishing college-on her own schedule of course, like everything else she does. lol.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

I've been slow getting over here, with spring break and all. What a really cool story. I love it when things become so clear...makes life a whole lot easier. :) Good luck with your move. I hope it's smooth and peaceful.