Sunday, March 22, 2009

Promised "Big Gun Show" Blog

I promised all of my darling Facebook friends I would blog about my adventure to the "big gun show" today. I didn't seem to write down as many things from the gun show as previous visits, but I still found a few humorous things to blog about.

The Award for Best Dressed~This trip it goes to the gentleman who decided to wear digital camo pants (Army's pattern) and a pastel turquiose, short sleeve button down shirt with palm trees on it. These two items in no way shape or form matched. It was a rather interesting ensemble.

Interesting Vendor Signs~ "Guns are like wives-If it ain't yours don't touch it." Well, ok then.
"LOOK! Not made in communist China M.F.G in Florida" - Found at a booth selling cloth gun cases.

Personal Favorite of the Day~This particular sign would not necessarily have made it to my "make fun of the gun show blog" (as my darling husband calls it) but I just couldn't resist when I saw their error...
Will "Listen" to
1.) Offers
2.) Trades
3.) But NO (underlined twice) wifes/kids/dogs

Apparently he never listened to his English teacher either...otherwise he would have known it is wives not wifes. I did later find out (when Dave was talking to the vendor about his wares) that this particular man has been happily married for 30 yrs-to 3 different women. Go figure! It also took all of my restraint to not walk up to his sign and correct his red ink with my black pen.

Moms & Children~I saw two rather interesting mother/daughter pairs. The first pair that caught my eye was a mother carrying a Coach purse guiding a young daughter (elementary age) around who happened to be wearing a Vera Bradley backpack! Wow. The second combo I saw was a mother with acrylic nails that decided she would flick them on the stock of a vendor's rifle as she was talking about the finish. .oO(Thankfully I wasn't the vendor cause I probably would have barked something unpleasant at her.) The mother/daughter combo was tan, fake looking dyed blonde hair, arms full of bracelets, and boobs hanging out. Wow again. Thankfully my mother taught me less is more-when it comes to make-up, jewelry, and showing off your skin-among other things.

Overall the trip was more enjoyable than the last one, but I think I may be growing immune to the oddities one can see at the gun show.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

fascinating. I like the awards you give. Must've been great people watching!