Thursday, August 6, 2009

Not Much to Blog About

Well, maybe there has been a lot to blog about, but not much I'd really like to say about it at this point in time. Life still feels completely random most days.

Jobs~Dave is working at Bass Pro in the gun department. (Did you really think he'd get a job that didn't involve guns? Me neither.) I'm still working at LOFT trying to decide what on earth I'm going to do full-time. I had an interview for a co-manager position at a Loft in Spanish Fort, AL a few weeks back. It sounded like a great opportunity and a nearly done deal, but instead of getting the "pack your stuff and move asap" phone call I received the "you need more experience and time in your current role" phone call. I'm guessing God has other plans for me. Trying to be patient and wait...it isn't really working.

Teaching~I haven't been real excited about teaching for about a year now. I don't know why I can't seem to muster some excitement. I do get brief jolts of excitement when I walk by the school supplies in area stores, but nothing too long lasting at this point. I also had the urge to plan something (not sure what) last week when I went to watch Crissy, Missy, and Kim plan their school years. It didn't last too long though, but it got me wondering if maybe I needed to try again. Still no teaching certificate for AL yet, although I seem to be getting closer. An e-mail inquiry revealed they were waiting on my official transcripts. (They've had my paperwork, with every imaginable way to contact me on it, for months. I guess I missed out on giving them my espN channel so I would magically know that is what they had been waiting on.) Ugh. Sent that in a week or so ago. Now I'll start stalking the mailman. It won't do much good right now since school starts next week for most area schools, but maybe I can get a position mid year or something...or who knows maybe some other fun career will evolve.

Grad School~I've been starting to think maybe I should go to grad school and get my master's degree. Then I could teach at a community college and deal with older students. Still thinking about it though because then I would need to decide what kind of a master's degree. Do I want to do an English related degree to solidify the college teaching aspect or do I want to try a special education degree? I've thought about doing that for quite some time now. Oh what to do. And do I really want to add to the amount of student loans I already have at the risk of not "using" my master's degree like I am my teaching degree? (I mean I have the knowledge I gained in college and use it, but not "officially" like I would working in a classroom. Welcome to my mind...it is a very twisted and guilt filled place some times.)

Zeke & Zeus & No Children~Over the past few months as more and more and more of my former high school classmates and friends across the country have babies it has become more and more and more clear to me that I really don't want to have children. (Great now I've "published" this fact online and if I do end up with children they can read it and think they weren't wanted. Therapy here we come!) Anyhow, I really just don't. I sometimes feel very, very, very out of place as a result. I don't have anything against children really, I just don't want one full-time in my home. (My mother feels the same way about dogs and men.) I'm slowly growing accustomed to the look I receive from people when I tell them I am 27 years old and still have no desire for children. It looks like I suddenly grew three heads and told them I'm going to eat them for dinner. They calmly sigh and say "you'll change your mind." Maybe, but it hasn't happened yet. Dave and I are slowly becoming the weird married couple with cats. (We've been married almost 4 years and no kids. That's crazy to most people, even in the north.) We're really excited about being the "cool" Aunt & Uncle that aren't really related but are part of the family anyhow though.

The Things I Catch Myself Saying~ Zeke and Zeus are similar to children in that they will do crazy things to get attention when you have the least amount of attention to give. Something magically happens when I am having a conversation on the phone. They start acting crazy! I am amazed at the things I hear myself say to them...

I have threatened to shave Zeke entirely if I find one more patch of fur missing on Zeus.

I have threatened to lock Zeke and Zeus in seperate rooms all day long and only let them out together when someone is home with them, which as they know isn't very often.

I actually have locked Zeke in the bathroom by himself for a time out. When I opened the door 5 minutes later he was laying by the ac vent acting lilke it was no big deal and I was bothering him.

I have threatened to put Zeke back under the clothes basket. (Just did this one today. I got out of the shower and heard Zeus hissing. Went to check it out and of course Zeke was being a bully so under the clothes basket he went. He still wasn't being too friendly when he was released. )

Zeus get down from (insert random place here) - the counter, the stove, the speaker, the table, the washer, the toilet, the shower, etc.

Zeke I am going to skin you and make a fur muff out of you if you do not leave Zeus be! Zeke gives me that "you wouldn't dare" look and I camly remind him that his father wants to have Zeus stuffed when he dies. I doubt he'll object to skinning Zeke. (Not sure what I will do with a fur muff in AL, but I'll figure it out once I actually have to skin him.)

Can you tell Zeke is the bully?

I had one other thing to blog about but realized it deserves its own blog....

No comments: