Friday, May 1, 2009

8 Things

I was "tagged" by my friend Stephanie to do this several days ago and am finally getting around to it. I am not going to tag anyone else to do it though, but feel free to join in on the "8 Things" bandwagon if you wish. (I always feel like a bad person for not doing something I was tagged to do...crazy, I know.)

Here's how 8 THINGS works:-
Mention the person that tagged you.
- Complete the lists of 8's.
- Tag 8 of your wonderful bloggy friends.
- Go tell them you tagged them!

8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO:
1. Going home to Ohio in a little over a month for Katie's graduation.
2. Spending the next two days with my husband.
3. Finishing the unpacking process...probably just in time to move again.
4. Eating my Lucky Charms for breakfast. (I'm 27 and I can eat whatever I want for breakfast.)
5. Going to the beach sometime this summer. (It better happen or I think I'll up and move again, lol.)
6. Getting a tan instead of a burn.
7. The day I can actually have a radio in my car again. (Mine stopped working and can't be fixed. That makes for a very long 45 minute drive to and from work.)
8. Spending time with my husband the next two days. (I know this is on the list twice, but I'm really excited about that.)

8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY:
1. Went to work @ Ann Taylor Loft. (Mention Friends & Family and you should get a 30% discount til Sunday.)
2. Put lotion on my sunburned skin.
3. Scratched my back a lot yesterday since the peeling process has begun. Icky.
4. Drank a margarita and it was YUMMY!
5. Watched not one, but two movies with my husband.
6. Ate french fries from Five Guys Hamburgers and Fries yesterday for lunch. YUMMY, YUMMY! (Like fair fries, but better since you don't have to tromp around the fair grounds to get them.)
7. Made a list of things to do today.
8. Snuggled with the furry children. (Zeke & Zeus)

8 THINGS I WISH I COULD DO:
1. Live at the beach all summer.
2. Get another kitten. (I'm pretty sure Zeke and Zeus would torment it. I'm also pretty sure it would be next to impossible to find housing in the future with 3 cats. That is the one thing (and Dave) keeping me from being the crazy cat lady.)
3. Live in DC again.
4. Be a librarian at the Library of Congress.
5. Have a room with wall to wall bookshelves, complete with a wooden rolling ladder (like in Beauty & the Beast), and have those bookshelves filled with wonderful books. (I know, I simply could have said "have my own library in my house" but my way was more fun. I do however own a "librarian chair" thanks to the church yard sale...more on that later.)
6. Fly my family to Alabama so they can all see how crazy and wonderful it is.
7. To teach or not to teach? Yeah, I can't decide.
8. End the repetitive deployment cycle so my friends can spend more time with their husbands home.

8 TV SHOWS I WATCHed: (I added the -ed because we don't have cable/satellite/etc and I don't watch tv anymore I watch movies.)
1. Army Wives
2. Jon & Kate Plus 8
3. Real Housewives of Orange Beach (I love to hate watching this show...)
4. What Not to Wear (I fully expect to be "surprised" by them at some point.)
5. Project Runway
6. Guiding Light (I hear it is being canceled...so sad. I remember watching this with my mom when I was little.)
7. The Real World (Another show I love to hate watching.)
8. The View

THE END. Especially since I didn't tag anyone. Off to enjoy my Lucky Charms and my day.

3 comments:

Peapod Four said...

I'm 31 and I eat what I want for breakfast too. Total rebellion.

I want a wall to wall bookshelves too. And in my dreams, when the book is read, a new one replaces it.

Enjoy the margarita on my behalf - won't be doing that for at least another year.

Love Five Guys.

You have enough cats. : )

Peapod Four said...

Michael bought Lucky Charms at the store this morning. I'll be joining your cereal rebellion for a couple of days. : )

Stephanie said...

hahaha... good job not tagging! And teaching? Ahh... nope. I'm hoping to move into a new career in a new move!