Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MiSh MaSh

This is a blog containing all the things I haven't blogged about recently.

My new favorite "happy" song is Run to You by Lady Antebellum. (Thanks Steph for blogging about it so that I had to go to YouTube and check out the video/song.) I love this song. Put a smile on my face and a spring in my step.

The church down the street from out new digs had the strangest sign for awhile...it read "Carla Robinson Cancer singing" (and had the day and time...not sure if I got her name right.) I'm not really sure I know what a cancer singing really is, but I don't think I want to find out.

Veterinary Sign: There is a vet on my way to work who has the best signs. I'm convinced. I think their most recent is my favorite "You should watch the road." I'm guilty. Other signs have read "My boss told me to change the sign. So I did." and "If you spell Chuck Norris in Scrabble you win. Forever." (Technically it is against Scrabble rules so you couldn't, but it still makes me laugh. And yes I am aware that my thorough knowledge of Scrabble rules makes me a total geek.) They also sometimes advertise free kittens to good homes. Sooooo tempting, but the crazy, married cat lady is resisting. I fear a revolt-human and feline alike-coming soon if I don't continue to resist.

I attended a 6 yr old's birthday party on Saturday and had the best time I've had at a birthday party in a long time. I followed kids around the yard taking pics and laughed a lot. (No offense if I've attended a birthday party for you recently, lol.) Unfortunately said 6 yr old thinks my husband is awesome, right down to his tattoos. I fear we are a bad influence on said child. If he starts walking around drinking beer I think we may have to move, again. On the other hand my husband did remind the 6 yr old's mother not to google things that might put her on an FBI watch list while attempting research for the party. Hmmmm...does one outweigh the other?

Working retail is very bad for a shopping addict. I have my addiction under control at the moment, but it certainly is a battle.

I love my retail job. Do I love it more than being in a classroom? Most of the time I do. Sometimes I long for a classroom again, but is it just in a quest for an excuse to buy new school supplies? Probably.

A family near and dear to my heart is having to say good-bye to yet another member of their family at the moment. It makes my heart hurt for them to think about it. There are children losing a great-grandma, a woman losing her grandma, and a woman losing her mother. I wish I could be with them to offer support, but I'll have to settle for offering my moral support from AL at the moment and passing out hugs when I am in Ohio in June.

June...the countdown begins! I'll be in Ohio for a whopping 5 days almost. Granted I arrive one of those days and leave another one of those days, but still that is a lot of days. My husband will be with me too! He won't be my imaginary husband this trip.

Katie is graduating college. She has been accepted to 3, yes 3 law schools. She can rattle off the statistics about how rare that is...so we're more than a little proud of her. Plus, your prayers have paid off and all of the schools are offering her scholarships for about half the cost of tuition. So far it looks like she will be attending Ohio Northern, but she is still waiting to hear from 2 other Ohio schools. (The out of state schools were just a bit too expensive.)

Do I feel a bit like an underachiever? Yes. But I'm over it. Lol.

I'm looking forward to bowling with the family. It should be fun. We'll have to take pictures. Lots of pictures.

My husband has been playing either Gears of War or Fable 2 on his XBox 360 for the past week. Ugh. He tried to teach me to play Gears of War. I spent my time "playing" trying to follow him, not get shot, and looking up and down. We played for about an hour at least. That is what I mastered...looking up and down. There are waaaayyy too many buttons on that controller for me. The last gaming system I used was the original Nintendo and my favorite game was Dr. Mario. It was like Tetris, but colored pills instead of shapes. Shapes were too much for me, lol.

1 comment:

Crissy Sharp said...

I love this post... it made me smile and laugh and ended with me feeling like I know you a little better. I like it.