Saturday, August 4, 2007

Deployment Stinks

Ok, I know I promised other stories, but I just can't think of them at the moment. All I am thinking about is this deployment and how much it stinks and I just want it to be over. Dave hadn't even started his deployment and he had injured himself. We had two other guys over last Friday and I made lasagna. Well I had been kind of absent minded (I wonder why) and I left one of the burners on. My husband has a bad habit of leaning against the stove and decided to touch the burner. He ended up burning the tips of three fingers on his right hand. They weren't as bad as I thought, but still he had limited use of his hand when he left. (I felt guilty, but insist it is his own fault for touching burners. Home Ec 101-never touch the burner!)


The day before and the day he left I was an absolute crying mess. I would cry at the drop of a hat. Not just tearing up, but sobs and all. I'm doing much better by now. Haven't sobbed since Tuesday night. I am visiting my mom and sisters in Ohio though and they have been keeping me very busy. Not much time to miss him too much. Although, I inevitably feel that he is gone and my heart aches. It seems like such a long time 'til he will return (beginning of next year is what we've heard so far...). I am hoping once school starts that time flies. I really need for the months to pass quickly and his return to be only weeks away. I am occupying my time with ideas for packages and letters to him. I'm also already thinking about what kind of homecoming party I want to plan. If I focus on the happy things it leaves less time to be sad and miss him. I have pics of the big d-day (deployment day), but at the moment have no way to upload them in Ohio. I think my battery charger/adapter cord deployed in Dave's laptop bag and I need to see if I can get another one. Plus, the pc's at home don't have an XD slot. I need to take it to Wal-Mart and get them onto a cd. Once I do you can be sure I will upload them. I'm trying to stay positive and keep the worst fears at bay, but it is hard at times not to worry. Please keep the guys of 22nd MEU and all of our military in your prayers. I don't see an end to this war anytime soon, but it doesn't stop me from praying for one.

I suppose since it is past midnight I should go to bed, but I just don't feel tired at the moment. I was visiting a friend today and didn't have service on my cell at her house (I sometimes forget places w/no service exist) and I missed his first call home. He left a message and he sounded good. Of course he said he loves me and misses me. For now, that comforts me and I'm content as can be expected. I'm sure you will be updated frequently throughout this process...I'm going to go snuggle with my furbabies and relax.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

I've always found staying busy makes the time move faster. Not nearly fast enough, but faster.

I forget about the cell phone service too. When we're in Ohio, the only place I can keep a call going is out by Nana's pool!