Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Deployment Stinks-Part 2

Ok, so before I left to go visit grandparents my day started out not so great. I went to empty the litter box and of course this is the only time the boys come running to use it. Well I had taken the bag out and Zeus had no idea where to go potty so he went in the other litter box we travel with, which had a bag of litter in it but it was tied up. He peed all over the bag, ugh crazy Zeus. (We got a litter box with a lid to leave at "grandma's house") Then I get to the post office to mail Dave two care packages...I am at the counter when my phone rings. I hit the button to silence it and then answer it since it is Dave, but it sent it to voicemail right away. (I was ready to have a meltdown right then and there.) The good news is I managed to fill out the customs form properly, it only took forever to do it the night before. Then I get to my Grandma Snyder's and find out she has family coming over right after dinner and I'm supposed to go eat dinner at Nana's house. So I drove ate dinner, drove back to Grandma S's, then back to Nana's to sleep.

Today was much better. I had my phone in the one spot between the kitchen and dining room that had good service. Right after we were done with lunch and before we went out to the pool my phone rang and it was Dave. I had to talk to him hunched over so I didn't lose service, but I was so excited to talk. I attacked him with questions and asked if he needed anything. Then I asked how my other boys were doing. He said everyone seems to be good. They were out of the storms so he wasn't trying to hold onto his lunch anymore. I told him to gather all my boys and get a group hug that would be from me. I told him I missed them all, but him most of all of course. Told him to start taking pics and film so I can feel like I am with them. (Maybe I should join the Marines so I can go with "my boys". Yeah right, I wouldn't last one hour before I would be mad and injured.) So tomorrow I will probably go buy deoderant that he requested and get it mailed out asap so he gets it asap. I know he has enough right now, but will probably need it by the end of the month. (Ewww, stinky Marine with no deoderant...that would be really gross.) So I am surviving for now and as far as I am concerned that is good enough. Dave and I started this tradition when we were dating while he was in DC of ending our phone coversationg of where we were supposed to meet that night in our dreams. I started it back up now with each of our calls asking where we are going to meet...tonight it will be Gulf Shores, AL where we went on our honeymoon and predeployment leave. I'm excited. I never really end up having dreams I remember, but it is still a fun thing to do. I'm a hopeless romantic what can I say. Plus, it keeps me from tearing up at the end of his calls to think of something happy like meeting him in my dreams for a date. I'm tired from all this visiting so I think I'm going to go paint my nails and go to bed.

No comments: