Wednesday, August 29, 2007

1 Month vs. 3 Days

Well the time has passed quicker than I thought it would and we are one month into our deployment. Only 5 more months to go...ugh! Hoping the next 5 pass just as quickly as the first one.

We are 3 days into the new school year. It is night and day compared to last year. These first three days have been like heaven in my classroom. I know that is thanks to a lot of prayers from people in several different states. Last year I had time when I could hardly talk, let alone teach, in my classroom. This year I can talk...and not only talk, but teach. Imagine that, a teacher teaching in her classroom. I am looking forward to the rest of this year quite a lot. I am also thankful that this year seems to be going so much better. I am happy that I am not miserable in my class this year...it would be terrible to be unhappy at work and missing my husband and "family" at home. Dave called around 4pm my time (11pm his) on my first day of school to see how it went. I had such a fabulous day and I said "it was wonderful, I could actually talk in my classroom and they listened. I am so glad you called," and then I started crying. He asked, "are you sure you're ok?" Yeah, I'm fine just so happy to be able to share this wonderful day with you after having so many downright awful days last year. These few days have reaffirmed the fact that I love being in the classroom and this is where I am meant to be for this moment in time.

I have been very worn out after trying to get back into the everyday school routine and have tons to do...it never ends...so I am off to do a few more things and then off to dreamland. (Yeah, I tend to like runon sentences just a bit, lol)

No comments: