Sunday, April 24, 2011

Made a Leap

I've been debating my future career paths.  Do I want to continue in retail?  It sure is fun.  I can take any day of the week off and the business runs smoothly.  No worries.  The down side is of course all those night and weekend shifts.  I get very little accomplished beyond work when I end up with a bunch of closing shifts in the same week.  Still no work at home though, it all gets done at the store.  Do I want to attempt to go back to school?  I think our house needs only 1 person in school and right now that person is Dave.  Also, I think I need to do a little more research about what degree I would like to pursue.  Social Work? Counseling?  Library Science? Who knows... Do I go back to teaching?  I've reached the point where I kind of miss it. 

This is what my furry boys saw last night:

Zeke says " Momma what is going on?  This thing is shooting paper everywhere."

  
I updated my online application for Teach in Alabama.  It is a website that the vast majority of school systems in Alabama use to post vacancies and accept applications.  Mine is officially up-to-date and available for schools to search.  I've clicked on the apply link for two different generic vacancy positions.  We'll see what happens.  What will be, will be.  

I think Zeus wants to help proofread...   
And now we wait.  We get things ready just in case some school decides they might like to talk to me about becoming a part of their staff.  We hope.  We pray.  We wait.

In the meantime Zeus has plans of his own...
I can't quite decipher his plan though.  Is it to wear the vest himself some day?  Does he think if he sits on it his poppa won't wear it?  Who knows, silly boy.

No comments: