Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Some People Count Days, I Count Bananas!

Ok, by the title you know this has to do with counting days vs. bananas. What does that mean? Well, if you know me, then you know I am NOT a morning person in the least. I hate waking up and getting out of bed before noon. I am a night owl in nature. By now you're probably wondering how I ended up as a teacher. As long as I wake up and can take my good ol' time getting ready in the morning and go through my routine without being rushed then I am ready to talk to people by 7:30 am when I get to work. If I wake up late or am rushed, it throws off the whole day. I also love to wait until the last minute to wake up and crawl out of bed. That means I eat breakfast in my car every morning. I was eating Pop Tarts on my way to work...until I realized that I was consuming 400 calories on essentially sugar every day and my pants weren't fitting anymore. So about two weeks ago I switched to eating a banana in my car. It leaves me with another fun problem - what to do with the peel. I now have a "banana bag" as I'm dubbing it, to collect the banana peels. I was excited this evening to see that there are only 3 bananas left on the counter for this week=three days of work left. I only but enough bananas for the week and I have to choose some that are ripe and a few that are very green. If I don't get a mixture then my bananas at the end of the week are a little overripe. So anyhow that was my long explanation as to why I count bananas and other people count days.

Random Thing That Irks Me: Why are churches in the business of "selling" their church on their darn message board outside? The churches here in J-ville end up with some stellar sayings, and by stellar I mean that in the most sarcastic way possible. One church in particular actually ticks me off instead of making me want to visit their church. Latest example "Cell phones useful, Jesus' words priceless" What? I get it, but it is a bit of a stretch here people. However, there are sometimes sayings that make me laugh. One of the latest that was posted was "If Jesus had a fridge, would your picture be on it?" My charming husband's reply was "if Jesus had a fridge, my beer would be in it." I had to laugh. When I mentioned this to my mother another phrase I came up with in response to the ones that irk me..."don't smother me with your Jesus."

Good News: My husband was able to sell my 22" rims to someone. I now have extra cash and no longer have the rims that make my car look like I should sell drugs instead of teach.

Illogical Marine Corps: Dave has a little over a month until he gets out of the Marine Corps. They have decided they are moving him to another unit tomorrow. What? Are y'all aware he has only xx amount of days left? Marines can find their way out of the middle of the woods in the dark and take over a village, but they sure don't make sense sometimes. He's moving to 3/9 if anyone cares.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

counting bananas...I should try that.
I'm the same way in the morning. My first class of the day was never my best.

Those church signs irk me too. They are so dumb and does anyone really walk into that church because of those signs? You totally need to go to www.stuffchristianslike.net. It's hysterical and there's a least one post on this stuff.

You crack me up when you write...glad you sold the rims and are no giving the appearance of a drug dealer.