Friday, January 25, 2008

Almost the End!

I'll start with a family update. My Pap seems to be doing much better. His second surgery he ended up having a blood clot that caused the issue. They put him on meds and my Nana and Pap are hopefully enjoying their winter in Florida. So family stress is gone at this point.

I am trying to wait patiently for these last few days of the deployment to end. I have plans this evening for my last "Friday Night Date" with Anna, another teacher friend whose husband is also deployed. I think we are going to put together bookshelves! I'll be joining her for a few more dates before her husband is home, but she may have to endure hanging out with some of "the boys" as well. Saturday plans are up in the air at the moment. May head to Wilmington, may not. Sunday is a day of rest, yeah right! I'll be doing last minute cleaning, lesson plans, and bathing the cats. They're getting kind of stinky since their last bath before Christmas. They're boys, I should expect that by now. Then another week of teaching begins. Most likely I will be missing a day to pick up my husband!!!! Woooohooooo! I am more than ready to say goodbye to being a single wife. I really can tell the end is in sight because when my husband called this morning to ask a few more questions from his "list." I wasn't excited, I was annoyed. It was good to hear his voice, but I'm like....can this not wait x amount of days til you get home? Silly man needs more to do than sit on a ship in the middle of the ocean with time to think. His wife is at home with many other tasks to fill her days. I predict a grumpy Wizzel next week 'cause I probably won't get much sleep when he gets home. He'll be all rested and ready to run all over town and then I'm used to sleeping all by my lonesome...he's noisy. I didn't sleep well when we first moved in together...not for at least two months. Oh well, I sound all doom and gloom, but I really an excited and happy. I promise I am. :)

No comments: