Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happy Belated 24th Birthday Husband!

I've been a bit busy the last few days so I haven't been able to get the birthday blog ready, it is a day late. So in keeping with the tradition last year I am going to try and think up 24 reasons why I Love my husband or things you may not know about him. It should be noted these are in no particular order either.

1. He wanted to meet Sarah Palin yesterday at Books-a-Million to have his book signed. She is apparently a hot politician. (I think he just likes the fact she totes a gun sometimes.)

2. He did get his book signed, but did not meet Mrs. Palin. He ended up giving his book to a friend to have them get it signed for him and was perfectly happy with that.

3. He supports me in my dreams, no matter how big or small.

4. He bought a cowboy hat last night and wore it in to work today. It made me laugh when he came to give me my kiss goodbye with it on.

5. He keeps trying to buy me a gun. (I don't really want to tote one around, but he just wants me to be protected is all. Sweet really.)

6. He knows I am the organizer of stuff. I know where things are kept. He asked me yesterday where his black sweater vest might be located and I had it for him in less than 3 minutes. He wouldn't have found it that quickly and may have given up the search since it was in a box of winter type clothes.

7. He will wear a sweater vest. It looks handsome on him.

8. He always has a weapon, even if it a plastic sword that had the olive for your drink, at hand because you never know when someone might attack.

9. He loves to eat at Mellow Mushroom. Yummy. We had a birthday dinner there last night.

10. He always has to be somewhere early. If we get there on time we're late. (I'm always on time or late.)

11. He loves to socialize with friends. (It makes me less of a hermit sometimes.)

12. He has been obsessed with anything pomegranate lately. Juice, the actual fruit, chocolate covered pomegranate seeds, and of course pomegranate alcoholic drinks. (They're pretty yummy. We mix vodka, lemonade, and Cranberry Pomegranate juice and maybe some other secret ingredient.)

13. No matter how many times I tell him I will not write his papers for English class he still asks me. (No no no no no. Academic integrity people!)

14. If I needed to gather a militia for something then he would be the head of my militia. (Not sure why I would need a militia, but anyhow...)

15. He told me last night that having a book and never reading it is like buying a gun and never firing it. It's just wrong he says. LoL. (Having a book and never reading it is a waste though.)

16. He was more excited than I was to wear his Max suit for Where the Wild Things Are.

17. He has more product that any man I know. And by product I mean body wash, shampoo, cologne, shaving cream, etc. I think I started buying more in self defense, lol. He always smells good though.

18. He can cook. He cooks yummy, yummy things too. He will just throw stuff together and it is yummy.

19. Did I mention he cooks?! (I know it is cheating to use this twice, but I think it should count for two because it makes my life so much easier sometimes when he cooks.)

20. Our house always smells good too because he buys candles, air freshener automatic sprayers, scented plug-ins, and anything he can find that smells good. (Our apartment in DC had plug-ins in it before we even moved our stuff in.)

21. He will play video games for hours, especially if his Marine buddies are online to play games together. It is fun to listen to them coordinate tactics.

22. He would love to live in our old DC apartment too. (Seriously people, I think we're both nuts about this apartment.)

23. He's starting to act like a member of my family. I can't go into further detail for fear of self incrimination, but we're a crazy group of girls who have enticed him to the dark side, lol.

24. He feels that Arlington National Cemetary is a peaceful place. I totally agree. There is a silent peace there that I haven't felt anywhere else.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

Happy Birthday from us! Maybe someday we'll get to meet this guy in person. :)