Friday, October 30, 2009

Excitement

I love fall. The beautiful colors, the cooler air, the smell of the great outdoors. Yummy. I also love the upcoming events in the next month. So here is a list of things I am looking forward to:

1) In 11 days the USMC will celebrate another birthday. I love it! Not sure what our plans will be, but I'll find a way to make it special for my Marine. Never did make it to a USMC ball...oh well.

2) Veterans Day is the day after the USMC birthday (which is November 10th btw) and I look forward to celebrating another year with my vet.

3) New Moon premier! (It is the second movie in the Twilight saga if you are unaware.) Been planning on this one for awhile too. I look forward to a night of fun with my Alabama girls. They are my sanity in a place that has taken a lot of getting used to for this Northern girl. I'm so thankful for each of them.

4)Turtle's birthday is coming up and for a few short months he isn't that much younger than me...at least by the numbers anyhow. Better start figuring out a way to make it special.

5)Thanksgiving! I love this holiday (not as much as the 4th of July, but it is still cool) mostly b/c you make a lot of food and you eat and celebrate with friends and family. Ever since we moved away from my blood relatives my friends have become my family and I am happy to say I have family spread across the US at this point. What a lucky girl I am. Truly. This year we have plans to help a friend celebrate his first Thanksgiving as a US citizen. .oO(Wonder if this means another trashcan turkey?)

6) Spring Break 2010!! (March sometime) I can hardly wait. We already have a confirmed reservation from Combs. Wooohooo. I think my dream tradition may become a reality. (I don't know if I want to talk about it just in case it doesn't happen....eeek.) Invites have been sent out to all "my boys" and we have tentative acceptances from a few others. I hope that my boys can gather here in Alabama for Spring Break. Even if we just get Combs here it will be fun, but oh the fun we could have with the whole crew. I already told Bivins I was taking the time that the boys are here off from work. I don't want to miss out on a minute of the fun. I can hardly wait. .oO(Think about the Disneyworld commercials of the kids and parents being "too excited to sleep." Yeah, that will be me when plans are a little more solid and March is a little closer.)

1 comment:

BrendaF said...

I really needed to read something positive today. I am now singing, "count your blessings, name them one by one...count your blessings...see what God has done". Thank you! I really love you and your writing