Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Not Just Another Day at the Beach...

Yesterday, my husband came home at 10:30 am to find me sitting on the couch with my morning bowl of Lucky charms. (Hey, I'm 25 and we don't have kids, it's summer and I have no other job...what else should I be doing?) He says "get ready to go to the beach." Ok, no problem I need to shave first, but I'll be ready shortly. I proceed to get ready for the beach, find my sunscreen and apply so it will be absorbed into my skin by the time we hit the sand. We arrive at the beach on base (only 30 min or so from the house :) ) and proceed to hunt for the rest of the guys we are to meet at the beach. As the wife of a Marine without children I spend lots of time on my own with a bunch of guys. I'm a lucky wife though in the fact that I am "allowed" to be a part of the group and for the most part they treat me like I'm just another one of them (in a good way). Well, after some time soaking up the sun I head into the surf with the guys to cool off a bit. Nothing out of the ordinary just yet. I'm out in the water about up to my chest when there are no waves, which is kind of far out for me b/c I tend to go in far enough to get a little wet. I'm talking and laughing with my husband when this HUGE wave rolls in. I see it just in time to close my eyes. It pushes me inland a bit, knocks me down, sends my top up around my neck-which I manage to stay underwater long enough to pull back down into place. I have the moment of panic when I think "oh my goodness I hope no one saw me, especially the guys my husband works with." I don't think they did and if so they were polite enough to not say a word. It was at that point in the day I decided I needed a new bathing suit, I'm going back to my one piece bathing suits even if I have to look like I'm 40. (Mind you my two piece covers every bit of skin that a one piece would...it just flies up in a wave which isn't cool.) Yeah, flashing people at the beach when you are 5 is ok, when you are 25 you better be single, drunk, or both. So when I head to the big city of DC I am going to look for a suitable one piece suit that won't come off in the waves so I don't have to worry about flashing anyone, let alone my husband's co-workers.

1 comment:

Peapod Four said...

Oh no!!

(but I still laughed! : )